Summer is finally here, say hello to Mango Flavored Syrup!
Starbucks is notorious for nailing down some absolutely delicious summer flavors. If you remember last year, the Coconut syrup took the world by storm with its endless combinations of recipes such as the Mocha Coconut Frappuccino, Coconut Black Tea Lattes, and more.
This summer is no different. With the launch of mango syrup around the corner, on July 7th, we here at Barista Life™ want you to get the most out of this bright, exotic, flavorful, yet refreshing new option.
So we asked our community of baristas from around the world for their own personal mango recommendations.
Now, before we get to the good stuff, keep in mind, these baristas are the ones behind the counter making your drinks every morning. These extremely creative individuals know what they're doing and with years of experience, passion, and an overly developed palate, you can rest assured that these are without a doubt the tastiest recipes you will find anywhere.
First Impressions of the Mango Syrup
Overall, the first impressions are overwhelmingly positive. If you are a fan of the Peach Syrup, you will love the mango. If the Peach is a bit on the sweeter side for you, don't worry the Mango is a bit less "sweet" than the Peach, a much more mellow & refreshing option. Since these drinks are not "standard" on the Starbucks menu, ask your barista's advice on how much mango you should add to the different sizes. The standard amount of pumps for Tall, Grande, Venti & Trenta sizes are 3, 4, 6 & 7, respectively.
1. Mango-Peach-Raspberry Passion Iced Tea
- Add equal pumps of the peach, raspberry, and mango syrups to your Passion Iced tea which @nekorosie says, "tastes just like Swedish Fish.”
2. Blended Strawberry Lemonade with Mango Syrup
- Add mango syrup to your Blended Strawberry Lemonade for a mouth-watering, fruity beverage to cool you down on the hot summer days!
3. Mango Black Tea Lemonade
- A classic favorite has always been a Black Tea Lemonade, commonly referred to as an "Arnold Palmer." Ask your barista to substitute mango for the Classic syrup for a new refreshing way to enjoy your tea.
4. Mango Passion Tea Lemonade
- You probably already know how tasty the Passion Tea Lemonade is, give it a fruity upgrade with the addition of mango syrup.
5. Mango White Chocolate Mocha
- We cannot guarantee this will pair well together, but @ochinchin.daddy666 says otherwise. Give it a shot if you're feeling adventurous
6. Cool Lime Refresher with Mango & a Splash of Passion Tea
- This one speaks for itself. @Dumeafavor says this tastes exactly like watermelon.
7. Green Tea Lemonade with Mango
- Upgrade your GTL with some mango syrup to get a sweet, yet refreshing summer drink you will love
8. Half Black Tea, Half Berry Hibiscus Refresher with Mango Syrup
- "I don't like syrups normally, but I love this one!" - @Strawberryfairyyy
9. Coconut Milk with Peppermint Syrup, Mango Syrup & a splash of Passion Tea
- If you're feeling brave, you should try this one. Although there is no caffeine, @the_rubsta came up with this fruity summer creation
10. Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with Coconut Milk & Mango Syrup
- @Kukki23 created this masterpiece which he says tastes exactly like a Pina Colada. Who doesn't like Pina Coladas?
11. Iced Pineapple Kona Pop with Mango
- If you haven't already tried the Iced Pineapple Kona Pop, try it first. Then try it with mango.
12. New Strawberry Acai Refresher with Mango Syrup
- So here's a new one for you to try. Along with the launch of Mango, Starbucks will also be launching a new refresher flavor, Strawberry Acai. @Ifitaintforeign_ added mango to his refresher and says it's, "delicious." We reccomend trying the new refresher as it comes first before trying it with Mango!
Original Instagram Post